· The Titans captains for the game were defensive back Joshua Kalu, fullback Tory Carter, linebacker Joe Jones and wide receiver Cody Hollister.
· The starting offense for the Titans included quarterback Malik Willis; Dontrell Hilliard; fullback Tory Carter; wide receivers Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and Racey McMath; tight end Geoff Swaim; left tackle Taylor Lewan; left guard Aaron Brewer; center Corey Levin; right guard Jordan Roos; and right tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere. Two rookies started on offense: Willis (third round) and Petit-Frere (third round).
· The starting defense included inside linebackers Chance Campbell and Jack Gibbens; outside linebackers Bud Dupree and Ola Adeniyi; defensive linemen Naquan Jones, Kevin Strong and DeMarcus Walker; safeties Joshua Kalu and Amani Hooker; and cornerbacks Kristian Fulton and Roger McCreary. Three rookies started on defense: Campbell (sixth round), Gibbens (undrafted) and McCreary (second round).
· The 13-3 win gave the Titans their first preseason victory at Nissan Stadium since Aug. 19, 2017 (34-27 against the Carolina Panthers).
· The Titans allowed the Buccaneers to score only three points, marking the third time in the last five preseason games they held their opponent without a touchdown. They did so at Atlanta on Aug. 13, 2021 (23-3) and at Tampa Bay on Aug. 21, 2021 (34-3).
· The defense limited Tampa Bay to nine first downs, 81 passing yards and a combined two conversions on 15 attempts on third down (2-13) and fourth down (0-2).
· The Titans won the time-of-possession battle 34:50 to 25:10.
· The Titans forced four total fumbles and recovered one of them, in addition to an interception. They turned their two takeaways into 10 points.
OLB OLA ADENIYI
· Started at outside linebacker and totaled three tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
· Registered a strip-sack in the third quarter, when he knocked the ball out of the hands of quarterback Kyle Trask on third down. The Buccaneers recovered the ball, but the 21-yard loss forced the Buccaneers to punt rather than attempt a field goal.
OLB DAVID ANENIH
· Posted three tackles, one sack and a forced fumble.
· Credited with a strip-sack for the second consecutive week. Late in the fourth quarter, he stripped the ball from Kyle Trask, who recovered the ball for a six-yard loss.
CB SHAKUR BROWN
· Tied for the team lead with five total tackles.
K RANDY BULLOCK
· Connected on field goals of 32 yards and 49 yards in the second quarter. He also made his only extra point attempt.
WR TREYLON BURKS
· Made his first reception of the preseason for four yards.
RB JULIUS CHESTNUT
· Rushed for 35 yards on 10 carries and caught two passes for 10 yards.
S ADRIAN COLBERT
· Posted two tackles and led the team with two passes defensed.
ILB JACK GIBBENS
· Tied for the team lead with five tackles.
DT DA'SHAWN HAND
· Took down Kyle Trask for a four-yard loss to register a sack in the second quarter. He totaled two tackles in the game.
RB HASSAN HASKINS
· Recorded a team-high 12 carries for 39 yards and added eight yards on a pair of receptions.
DB LONNIE JOHNSON JR.
· Forced a turnover in his first preseason action with the Titans. He was credited with a forced fumble in the second quarter after knocking the ball out of the hands of running back Rachaad White. The ball was recovered by outside linebacker Rashad Weaver.
ILB JOE JONES
· Notched an interception and a 38-yard return to help set up a Titans touchdown late in the first half. He added four tackles.
DB JOSHUA KALU
· Started the game and tied for the team lead with five tackles. He added a pass defensed and a forced fumble.
· Credited with a forced fumble in the second quarter. He dislodged the ball from the hands of wide receiver Kaylon Geiger Sr., but the ball went out of bounds.
P BRETT KERN
· Averaged 43.0 yards (43.0 net) on two punts, placing both punts inside the 20.
TE CHIG OKONKWO
· Scored his first preseason touchdown on a six-yard pass from Malik Willis late in the first half.
WR KYLE PHILIPS
· Totaled 77 yards on three punt returns for an average of 25.7 yards per return. In the first quarter, he recorded punt returns of 27 yards, 15 yards and 35 yards. He added one reception for 11 yards.
WR REGGIE ROBERSON JR.
· Led the team with four receptions and 47 receiving yards.
P RYAN STONEHOUSE
· Averaged 47.0 yards (37.0 net) on four punts with two punts placed inside the 20.
· Booted a 68-yard punt (48 net) in the third quarter for a touchback.
· Rushed for nine yards and a first down after a bobbled snap in the fourth quarter.
OLB RASHAD WEAVER
· Sacked Kyle Trask for a six-yard loss in the first quarter.
· Credited with a defensive fumble recovery in the second quarter.
· Helped cause a turnover late in the first half, making contact with the arm of quarterback Kyle Trask on a pass that was intercepted by linebacker Joe Jones. The turnover resulted in a Titans touchdown.
WR NICK WESTBROOK-IKHINE
· Started and caught a 21-yard pass from Malik Willis on the offense's first snap of the game.
QB MALIK WILLIS
· Started and played into the third quarter for the second consecutive week. He completed seven of 17 passes for 80 yards and a touchdown (75.6 passer rating), and he added five rushing attempts for 42 yards.
· Registered a 24-yard rushing attempt in the second quarter to help set up a Titans field goal.
· Delivered a six-yard touchdown pass to tight end Chig Okonkwo late in the first half.
QB LOGAN WOODSIDE
· Played most of the second half and completed seven of 11 passes for 56 yards with an interception.