NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Titans were back on the field on Sunday at Saint Thomas Sports Park for their 13th practice of training camp.
Here's a look at what stood out:
- The defense dominated the first team period, with cornerback Logan Ryan intercepting quarterback Marcus Mariota right out of the gate. Moments later, Ryan had another nice breakup on a ball intended for receiver Nick Williams.
- Cornerback LeShaun Sims had a nice breakup in the period, and defensive lineman Jurrell Casey pushed down running back Dion Lewis on a running play. In a later period, Sims showed up with another nice breakup.
- Receiver Deontay Burnett and Williams had catches in the early period. Burnett showed up several times on the day, catching a ball across the middle thrown by quarterback Blaine Gabbert as well.
- Receiver Tajae Sharpe had a really nice day. Sharpe found space on the sideline, and caught a deep ball thrown by Mariota before defenders arrived on the scene. He also made a nice diving catch in an earlier period.
- Running backs Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis each had success running to the left during a team period in practice.
- Receiver Cameron Batson made a nice downfield catch.
- During a red zone period, tight end Delanie Walker made a pair of touchdown grabs. Walker turned 34 today – he's the oldest Titan, but continues to move like a youngster.
- Cornerback Adoree' Jackson is having a nice camp, and he made another big play on Sunday when he intercepted Mariota on a ball intended for tight end Jonnu Smith.
- Kicker Ryan Succop made a 58-yard field goal, with some distance to spare.
- Safety Kendrick Lewis has had back-to-back nice days. On ball intended for Walker late in practice, Lewis closed on the football and knocked it away at the last seconds.
- Mariota made a beautiful throw across his body to tight end Luke Stocker, although linebacker Will Compton was right there in coverage.
- Williams continued to be very active in practices. He made a number of catches on Sunday, but he also dropped one, and proceeded to kick the ball in frustration as it hit the ground.
- Receiver Darius Jennings had another nice day, catching a ball thrown by Gabbert across the middle.
- Safety Demontre Hurst intercepted Gabbert late in the session.
- Cornerback Malcolm Butler continues to be a turnover producing machine. He took a break from recording interceptions to knock the ball from Walker's grasp.
- Receiver Corey Davis practiced for the second straight day, and looked good.
- Linebacker Rashaan Evans did not practice, but he was spotted on the practice field doing some conditioning work, using the ropes. Brian Orakpo was also on the field doing conditioning work.
- Safety Dane Cruikshank, linebacker Sharif Finch, defensive lineman David King, receiver Michael Campanaro, and defensive lineman Du'Vonta Lampkin did not practice, along with receiver Rishard Matthews, who remains on PUP.
Next practice: Monday, 9:50 am-noon. (Closed to fans)
The Titans take the field for Day 13 of training camp practice on Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018 at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
The 2018 Special Olympics flag football champions were special guests of Titans head coach Mike Vrabel at training camp on Sunday. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan entertains fans, while giving away several jerseys following Sunday's training camp practice. (Photos: Gary Glenn)