Featuring a Celebrity Fashion Show and Three Unique $1,000 Give-Aways
The event featured acelebrity fashion show, an opening act with Gordon Kennedy singing the Emmy award winning song "Change the World", a video presentation of Liv2Giv missions and the unique "Win2Giv Initiative," where three attendees walked away with $1,000 to use toward a "pay it forward" project. Models for the fashion show included:
- Kenny Britt
- Chuck and Carrie Cecil
- Jeff Fisher
- Michael Griffin
- Jensen Hart, Miss Tennessee International 2010
- David Keith, from An Officer and a Gentleman and other hit films and TV series
- Jennifer Wayne, singer-songwriter and granddaughter of John Wayne
- Frank Wycheck
- Vince Young
Mike Keith, Voice of the Titans, and Cathi Aycock, shopping diva with The Tennessean's "The Daily Crave" and Nashvilleshopping.com, were the evening's emcees.
"We are overwhelmed with the support we received for IGNITE, not only from sponsors but also from our models and volunteers. The community really rallied around our Liv2Giv teens who selflessly strive to make even just one life a little bit brighter," Susan Reinfeldt, founder and president of Liv2Giv Foundation, said. "If given the opportunity kids will jump at the chance to change a life, shape their culture and bless others. Because of the tremendous success of IGNITE 2010 our Liv2Giv teens will be able to continue their charitable endeavors right here on their own soil."
Highlights from the evening included:
- Jeff Fisher walking down the runway, only to take off his Billy Reid outfit to reveal a Steve McNair jersey
- Two Liv2Giv teen volunteers, Sydney Pashley and Nathan Sottek singing "Life Means So Much", the inspiration for the event
- A video presentation of Liv2Giv missions
- Elise Reinfeldt escorted down the runway with Michael Griffin
- Every event attendee received an Empower Card with a suggestion from a Liv2Giv teen volunteer of a way to give back in less than 30 minutes and for less than $10
For a full list of models and highlights from the event, please visit http://www.liv2givfoundation.org/ignite-event.
About Liv2Giv FoundationThe mission of Liv2Giv Foundation is to empower teens to become aware of the world around them by donating their time, talent and resources to help needy populations in the greater Nashville area and abroad. To date, Liv2Giv has addressed issues of poverty, illness, addiction, prostitution, sexual abuse, refugee strife, incarceration and isolation.
Founded by Mike and Susan Reinfeldt, Liv2Giv began in Seattle, when Mike Reinfeldt worked for the Seattle Seahawks. After moving to Nashville, the Reinfeldts, who have two teens themselves, decided to establish 501(c)3 status for the organization. Since that time, Liv2Giv has gained participation from teens at schools throughout the Nashville area, including Christ Presbyterian Academy, MBA, Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, Franklin High School and Greenbrier High School.
Liv2Giv Sponsors for the evening were:
presented by The Tennessean
104.5 the Zone
LP Building Products
Pinnacle Financial Partners
Purity Dairies, Inc.
The Donald B. Orr Family
Provident Wealth Group
Ashton Real Estate Group
Bob Parks Realty Chris Fuller
Dr. Stewart Shofner
Waller, Lansden, Dortch & Davis
Hair and Makeup Provided by:
Todd Anthony Salon