TITANS TEAM NOTES
· The Titans captains for the game were quarterback Logan Woodside, defensive back Mike Jordan, outside linebacker LaTroy Lewis, wide receiver Kalif Raymond and offensive linemen Tyler Marz and David Quessenberry.
· The Titans preseason leaders included running back Dalyn Dawkins, who led the team with 152 rushing yards on 23 attempts, and quarterback Logan Woodside, whose 539 yards and four touchdowns ranked as team highs. Ryan Tannehill's 119.7 passer rating was the best among the quarterbacks. Wide receiver Kalif Raymond led the club in receptions (13), receiving yards (203), punt returns (six), punt return yards (67), punt return average (11.2) and kickoff returns (four), while Darius Jennings' 89 kickoff return yards and 29.7-yard average led the team. Ryan Succop's four field goals and 13 total points were the highest on the team. On defense, four players recorded one interception each (JoJo Tillery, Amani Hooker, Mike Jordan and Logan Ryan), and Derick Roberson paced the squad with two sacks.
· The Titans did not commit a turnover in the preseason finale. In four preseason games, their only turnover was a lost fumble against the Steelers on Aug. 25.
· The Titans soon must make significant roster reductions. Per NFL rules, the current roster must be trimmed from a preseason maximum of 90 players to 53 players by 3 p.m. CT on Saturday, Aug. 31. Players on reserve lists such as reserve/injured, reserve/suspended and reserve/non-football injury do not count towards the 53-player limit. Teams are permitted to form a 10-man practice squad beginning Sunday, Sept. 1. The Titans open the regular season with a trip to play the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, Sept. 8.
RB DALYN DAWKINS
· Led the team with 117 rushing yards on 13 carries (9.0 avg.). He also tied for the team lead with four receptions for 31 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
· Recorded a nine-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter and the game-winning three-yard touchdown reception late in the fourth quarter on passes from Logan Woodside.
· Rushed for a 19-yard gain in the third quarter.
· Recorded 15-yard and 12-yard runs on consecutive plays in the fourth quarter. He added 19-yard and 20-yard runs later in the fourth stanza.
DB KAREEM ORR
· Started at cornerback and recorded a team-high 13 tackles, the most by a Titans player in a game during the 2019 preseason. He added a stop on special teams.
WR ANTHONY RATLIFF-WILLIAMS
· Led the team with 54 receiving yards on two receptions.
· Caught a 23-yard pass from Logan Woodside in the third quarter.
· Converted a third-and-15 with a 31-yard reception during the game-winning drive late in the fourth quarter.
WR KALIF RAYMOND
· Recorded a 45-yard reception in the second quarter on a pass from Logan Woodside.
· Recorded two punt returns for 20 yards and one kickoff return for 25 yards.
OLB DERICK ROBERSON
· Totaled six tackles and a team-high two sacks.
· On the final play of the third quarter, recorded an eight-yard sack of Tyler Bray on third down.
· Recorded an 11-yard sack late in the fourth quarter to help thwart a potential game-winning drive by the Bears.
· His two sacks gave him the team lead for the 2019 preseason.
CB TYE SMITH
· Recorded a 10-yard sack, dropping Bears quarterback Tyler Bray in the first quarter.
K RYAN SUCCOP
· Made both of his field goal attempts (33 and 23 yards) and also handled kickoff duties for the first time in the 2019 preseason (three touchbacks on five kickoffs).
QB LOGAN WOODSIDE
· Recorded his first start of the preseason and completed 17 of 29 passes for 212 yards and a pair of touchdowns. His passer rating was 104.4.
· Completed a 45-yard pass to wide receiver Kalif Raymond in the second quarter.
· Completed a nine-yard touchdown pass to running back Dalyn Dawkins in the second quarter and a game-winning three-yard touchdown pass to Dawkins late in the fourth quarter.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Chicago Bears in the 2019 preseason finale Thursday night at Soldier Field. (Photos: Donald Page)