NASHVILLE, Tenn. — **Former Titans center Kevin Mawae has been named a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 2017.
Mawae played 16 NFL seasons (1994-2009), including four seasons with the Titans (2006-09). He began his career with the Seahawks and also played with the Jets before retiring after the 2009 season in Tennessee.
Mawae was named to eight All-Pro teams, and eight Pro Bowls during his career while playing in 241 career games.
Mawae is one of four offensive linemen in the final 15 -- Alan Fanaca, Joe Jacoby and Tony Boselli are the others.
The full list of 15 modern-era finalists was announced Tuesday night.
The Hall of Fame's 2017 class will be voted on and announced on Feb. 4, the day before Super Bowl LI in Houston.
The 2017 Modern-Era Finalists with their positions, years and teams:
• Morten Andersen, Kicker – 1982-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-2000, 2006-07 Atlanta Falcons, 2001 New York Giants, 2002-03 Kansas City Chiefs, 2004 Minnesota Vikings
• Tony Boselli, Tackle – 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars
• Isaac Bruce, Wide Receiver – 1994-2007 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 2008-09 San Francisco 49ers
• Don Coryell, Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers
• Terrell Davis, Running Back – 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
• Brian Dawkins, Safety – 1996-2008 Philadelphia Eagles, 2009-2011 Denver Broncos
• Alan Faneca, Guard – 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals
• Joe Jacoby, Tackle – 1981-1993 Washington Redskins
• Ty Law, Cornerback – 1995-2004 New England Patriots, 2005, 2008 New York Jets, 2006-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2009 Denver Broncos
• John Lynch, Free Safety – 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos
• Kevin Mawae, Center/Guard – 1994-97 Seattle Seahawks, 1998-2005 New York Jets, 2006-09 Tennessee Titans
• Terrell Owens, Wide Receiver – 1996-2003 San Francisco 49ers, 2004-05 Philadelphia Eagles, 2006-08 Dallas Cowboys, 2009 Buffalo Bills, 2010 Cincinnati Bengals
• Jason Taylor, Defensive End – 1997-2007, 2009, 2011 Miami Dolphins, 2008 Washington Redskins, 2010 New York Jets
• LaDainian Tomlinson, Running Back – 2001-09 San Diego Chargers, 2010-11 New York Jets
•Kurt Warner, Quarterback – 1998-2003 St. Louis Rams, 2004 New York Giants, 2005-09 Arizona Cardinals
The 15 Modern-Era Finalists join three other finalists to comprise 18 finalists under consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2017.
One Senior Finalist was announced in August 2016 by the Seniors Committee that reviews the qualifications of those players whose careers ended more than 25 years ago.
• Kenny Easley, Safety – 1981-87 Seattle Seahawks
Two Contributor Finalists, also announced in August, were selected by the Hall of Fame's Contributor Committee that considers persons who made outstanding contributions to professional football other than players and coaches.
• Jerry Jones, Owner, President & General Manager – 1989-present Dallas Cowboys
• Paul Tagliabue, Commissioner – 1989-2006 National Football League
To be elected, a finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent during the annual selection meeting.
Titans Online looks back at the Titans career of Hall of Fame center Kevin Mawae, who played in Tennessee from 2006-09. (Photos)