TITANS at PACKERS
Sunday, Dec. 27, 2020
# # #
• The Titans remain at the top of the AFC South standings following their loss at Green Bay and the Indianapolis Colts' loss in Week 16 at Pittsburgh. The Titans and Colts are tied at 10-5, but the Titans hold the tiebreaker due to their superior division record (4-1 to 3-2). Next week the Titans travel to face the Houston Texans in the regular season finale, while the Colts host the Jacksonville Jaguars. Both games are at 3:25 CT. A win by the Titans would clinch their first AFC South title since 2008.
• The Titans totaled 156 rushing yards at Green Bay, giving them their eighth game of the season with at least 150 rushing yards. That ranks second only to the Baltimore Ravens, who have nine such games.
• The Titans tied their season low with only three penalties against the Packers. It was their second consecutive week to be flagged only three times and their third game of the season with three penalties. Their 15 penalty yards at Green Bay was their lowest number of the season.
WR A.J. BROWN
• Led the team with four receptions and 43 receiving yards.
• Registered his 29th consecutive game with at least one reception to begin his career.
CB MALCOLM BUTLER
• Recorded his fourth interception of the season to tie his career high (four in 2016). He picked off an Aaron Rodgers pass that was intended for Davante Adams in the fourth quarter, which also increased his career total to 17 interceptions. He added six tackles.
S KEVIN BYARD
• Tied for the team lead with nine tackles.
RB DARRYNTON EVANS
• Totaled six kickoff returns for 145 yards, including a 31-yard return. His six kickoff returns were the most in a game by a Titans player since Leon Washington's six returns against Arizona on Dec. 15, 2013, and his 145 kickoff return yards were the most by a Titans returner since Darius Jennings had 156 against the L.A. Chargers on Oct. 21, 2018. Evans added a three-yard rushing attempt.
K STEPHEN GOSTKOWSKI
• Connected on both extra point attempts to give him 100 points on the season. It marks his 13th career season with at least 100 points.
RB DERRICK HENRY
• Totaled 98 rushing yards on 23 attempts, increasing his season totals to 344 carries for 1,777 yards and 15 touchdowns. He leads the NFL in rushing yards and ranks third in rushing touchdowns.
• Passed Earl Campbell's 1979 total of 1,697 yards to rank third on the franchise's all-time single-season rushing list. With one game remaining, Henry's 1,777 rushing yards this season trails only Chris Johnson's 2009 total of 2,006 yards and Campbell's 1980 total of 1,934 yards in team history.
• Has more rushing yards this season (1,777) than any other NFL player since 2014, when DeMarco Murray ran for 1,845 yards for the Dallas Cowboys.
• Recorded his 11th game of the season with at least 20 carries, the most by an NFL player in a season since Ezekiel Elliott had 12 such games in 2016.
P BRETT KERN
• Averaged 43.5 yards on four punts (38.5 net average), including a 60-yard punt in snowy conditions.
OLB HAROLD LANDRY III
• Tied his career high with eight tackles, including a tackle for loss.
ILB DAVID LONG JR.
• Tied for the team lead with nine tackles, including a tackle for loss.
OLB WYATT RAY
• Registered his first career sack, dropping Aaron Rodgers for a 17-yard loss on fourth down in the second quarter.
OLB BROOKS REED
• Registered his first start in a Titans uniform and his first start since 2018 as a member of the Atlanta Falcons. He was credited with one tackle.
TE JONNU SMITH
• Totaled three receptions for 30 yards, including a 12-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter to give him eight touchdown receptions in 2020. He passed Delanie Walker (seven in 2016) for the most single-season touchdown receptions by a tight end in the franchise's "Titans era" (1999–present). He now has 16 career touchdown receptions.
QB RYAN TANNEHILL
• Completed 11 of 24 passes for 121 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. He completed a 12-yard touchdown pass to Jonnu Smith in the second quarter to register his 12th consecutive game with a touchdown pass.
• Added 55 rushing yards on three attempts, including a 45-yard touchdown in the third quarter that gave him a career-high five rushing touchdowns on the season, topping the four rushing touchdowns he had in 2019. It was his 15th career rushing touchdown.
• His 45-yard touchdown run was the third-longest rushing touchdown by any quarterback in 2020. It was the longest rushing touchdown by a Titans quarterback since Marcus Mariota's 87-yarder against Jacksonville on Dec. 6, 2015.
• Logged his second consecutive game with at least one passing touchdown and at least one rushing touchdown. It was his ninth career game accomplishing the feat.
• Established a new franchise record for combined passing and rushing touchdowns in a season. He has 32 passing touchdowns and five rushing touchdowns for a total of 37. The previous club mark was held by George Blanda, who had 36 total touchdowns (all passing) in 1961.
DT TEAIR TART
• Logged his first career start and was credited with two tackles.