Free Agency Tracker | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
DT Teair Tart
STATUS: AGREED TO TERMS - MARCH 9
# # #
6-2 | 304 lbs
COLLEGE: FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
HOMETOWN: PHILADELPHIA, PA
ACQUIRED: FREE AGENT - 2020
NFL EXPERIENCE (NFL/TITANS): 2/2
GAMES PLAYED/GAMES STARTED: 18/11 (PLAYOFFS: 0/0)
The Titans signed Teair Tart (first name pronounced "tee-AIR") as a rookie free agent following the 2020 NFL Draft. He registered seven total games played with one start during his rookie campaign. The 6-foot-2-inch, 304-pounder appeared in 23 games with 10 starts over two seasons at Florida International (2018-19), and totaled 51 tackles, 19.0 tackles for loss, six sacks, one pass defensed, five quarterback pressures and two forced fumbles.
- Tart traveled an unlikely road to the NFL. He played two years of high school basketball in his hometown of Philadelphia, Pa., at Palmer Leadership Learning Partners Charter School—a school that did not have a football program. Prior to his junior year, West Philadelphia High School's defensive coordinator, Karl Patrick, saw Tart playing in a basketball tournament and eventually convinced him to transfer and begin playing football for the first time in his life. Two years later, Tart continued his football career at ASA College in New York but left six games into his first season after an older brother, Rasheed Spencer, was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Time passed, and Tart headed to Valley Forge (Pa.) Military Academy, followed by stops at East Mississippi Community College and Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College before finding a home for his final two collegiate campaigns at Florida International.
- Tart is the second youngest of 11 children in his family.
- The Philadelphia, Pa., native was signed by the Titans as a rookie free agent on May 7, 2020.
- Waived by the Titans on Sept. 5, 2020 and signed to the practice squad a day later.
- Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 7, 2020.