Free Agency Tracker | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
OL David Quessenberry
STATUS: Restricted Free Agent
6-5 | 305 lbs
COLLEGE: SAN JOSE STATE
HOMETOWN: LA JOLLA, CA
ACQUIRED: FREE AGENT - 2018
NFL EXPERIENCE (NFL/TITANS): 3/2
GAMES PLAYED/GAMES STARTED: 35/23 (PLAYOFFS: 2/2)
The Titans signed offensive lineman David Quessenberry to the practice squad during Week 2 of the 2018 season. The 6-foot-5-inch, 305-pounder enjoyed his most successful season in 2020 when he appeared in 12 games with six starts at left tackle. The San Jose State product was originally drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (176th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. He spent his rookie season on injured reserve and spent the 2014-16 seasons on reserve/non-football illness list after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in June 2014. He was medically cleared and returned to action in 2017 as a member of the Texans practice squad. He was signed to the active roster on Dec. 19, 2017 and appeared in two contests for Houston. Quessenberry spent majority of the 2018 season on the Titans' practice squad, and in 2019 he spent time on the team's active roster and practice squad. The La Jolla, Calif., native appeared in four games in 2019 and caught his first career touchdown.
- In 2020, Quessenberry saw action in a career-high 12 games with a career-best six starts at left tackle and helped open holes for Derrick Henry become the eighth player in NFL history to surpass 2,000 rushing yards in a season.
- In 2019, Quessenberry appeared in a then career-high four games for the Titans and caught his first career touchdown on a one-yard catch.
- Quessenberry was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in June 2014. He returned to Houston's practice squad in 2017 and made his NFL debut in Week 16 of the 2017 season.
- Won the Professional Football Writers of America's 2017 George Halas Award, given to a player, coach or staff member in the NFL who overcomes adversity to succeed.
- His father, David Sr., graduated from the Naval Academy in 1980 where he played football for the Midshipmen.
- His younger brother, Paul, played defensive end and linebacker for Navy.
- His youngest brother, Scott, was an offensive lineman at UCLA and currently plays for the Los Angeles Chargers.
- The La Jolla, Calif., native was selected by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (176th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Placed on reserve/non-football illness list on Aug. 25, 2014.
- Placed on reserve/non-football illness list on Sept. 1, 2015.
- Placed on reserve/non-football illness list on May 31, 2016.
- Reinstated by the Texans on Feb. 7, 2017.
- Waived by the Texans on Sept. 2, 2017 and added to the team's practice squad a day later.
- Signed to the Texans active roster from the practice squad on Dec. 19, 2017.
- Waived by the Texans on Sept. 1, 2018.
- Signed by the Titans to the practice squad on Sept. 11, 2018.
- Signed by the Titans to a future's contract on Jan. 1, 2019.
- Waived by the Titans on Oct. 7, 2019 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
- Signed by the Titans to a future's contract on Jan. 20, 2020.
- Waived by the Titans on Sept. 5, 2020 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
- Activated from the practice squad to the active roster COVID-19 replacement on Oct. 13, 2020.
- Activated from the practice squad to the active roster standard elevation on Oct. 24, 2020.
- Signed to the Titans active roster from the practice squad on Oct. 27, 2020.