Free Agency Tracker | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
RB D'Onta Foreman
STATUS: Unrestricted Free Agent
6-1 | 236 lbs
HOMETOWN: TEXAS CITY, TX
ACQUIRED: FREE AGENT - 2021
NFL EXPERIENCE (NFL/TITANS): 4/1
GAMES PLAYED/GAMES STARTED: 26/4 (PLAYOFFS: 2/0)
The Titans originally signed D'Onta Foreman to the practice squad during Week 4 of the 2020 season to bring depth and experience to the running back corps. He was brought back to the team midway through the 2021 campaign after Derrick Henry suffered an injury. The 6-foot-1-inch, 236-pounder was originally drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round (89th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. The University of Texas product appeared in 11 NFL contests with one start over two seasons (2017-18) for the Texans and posted 326 rushing yards on 85 carries with two rushing touchdowns, as well as eight catches for 111 yards with a receiving score. He saw action as a reserve in six games with the Titans in 2020. The Texas City, Texas native has also spent time with the Indianapolis Colts and Atlanta Falcons.
- Foreman was a consensus All-American in 2016, making him the first Texas running back to earn those honors since Ricky Williams in 1998. Foreman also won the 2016 Doak Walker Award, the 2016 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award, and was a 2016 Heisman Trophy candidate.
- His twin brother, Armanti, was a wide receiver for the Longhorns.
- Foreman's son, D'Onta Jr., was born prematurely in September 2016 and passed away on Nov. 5, 2016 due to an intestinal infection. On the day of his passing, Foreman carried Texas to a road win at Texas Tech and rushed 33 times for 341 yards and three touchdowns, all career-high marks. "It was just something about that game, it was like, 'I'm doing it for my son. I'm leaving it all out here," Foreman said.
- Foreman founded the D'Onta Foreman Family Foundation, which advocates for fathers to become more involved in their children's lives.
- The Texas City, Texas native was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the third round (89th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Waived by the Texans on Aug. 4, 2019.
- Claimed off of waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on Aug. 5, 2019.
- Waived by the Colts on Aug. 24, 2019.
- Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Sept. 29, 2020.
- Activated from the practice squad to the active roster standard elevation on Oct. 31, 2020.
- Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 7, 2020.
- Signed by the Atlanta Falcons as a free agent on Aug. 9, 2021.
- Released by the Falcons on Aug. 31, 2021 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
- Released by the Falcons from their practice squad on Sept. 3, 2021.
- Signed by the Titans to their practice squad on Nov. 2, 2021.
- Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov.