Free Agency Tracker | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
TE Anthony Firkser
STATUS: Unrestricted Free Agent
6-2 | 246 lbs
HOMETOWN: MANALAPAN, N.J.
ACQUIRED: FREE AGENT - 2018
NFL EXPERIENCE (NFL/TITANS): 4/4
GAMES PLAYED/GAMES STARTED: 58/3 (PLAYOFFS: 5/0)
The Titans signed Anthony Firkser during the 2018 offseason to add competition and depth to the tight end position. The 6-foot-2-inch, 246-pounder out of Harvard appeared in 16 contests with one start during his third season in Tennessee in 2020. He was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the New York Jets following the 2017 NFL Draft and has also spent time on the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad.
- In 2020, Firkser appeared in all 16 games for the first time in his career and finished the season with career-highs in receptions (39) and receiving yards (387) to go along with one touchdown.
- Firkser recorded his first career 100-yard game in 2020 against Houston (10/18). He caught a career-high eight passes for 113 yards and one touchdown, including a career-long catch of 45.
- In his second season with the Titans, Firkser appeared in 15 games and posted 14 receptions for 204 yards with a touchdown.
- In 2019, Firkser made his postseason debut and appeared in all three games while leading the team with two touchdown catches. He became the first NFL player from Harvard to score a touchdown in a postseason game.
- In 2018, Firkser made his NFL debut against Houston (9/16) and scored his first career touchdown against New York Jets (12/2). He appeared in 12 contests on the season.
- In June 2021, Firkser hosted the Anthony Firkser Football Camp, a kids skills camp in Nashville, which benefitted the Caring Hearts organization that aims to help those living in poverty in Nashville and Mexico.
- Firkser grew up playing basketball and both roller and ice hockey at elite levels and didn't begin playing football until his sophomore year of high school.
- In the offseason, Firkser volunteers with his former high school football coach to help train and give advice to aspiring young football players in his hometown community of Manalapan, N.J.
• The Manalapan, N.J., native was originally signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017.
• Released by the Jets on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Kansas City Chiefs to the team's practice squad on Nov. 29, 2017.
• Signed by the Chiefs to a future's contract on Jan. 8, 2018.
• Released by the Chiefs on April 30, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on May 14, 2018 following a rookie minicamp tryout.
• Waived by the Titans on Sept. 17, 2018 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Oct. 9, 2018.