Free Agency Tracker | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
LS Matt Overton
STATUS: Unrestricted Free Agent
6-1 | 243 lbs
COLLEGE: WESTERN WASHINGTON
HOMETOWN: TRACY, CALIF.
ACQUIRED: FREE AGENT - 2020
NFL EXPERIENCE (NFL/TITANS): 8/1
GAMES PLAYED/GAMES STARTED: 109/0 (PLAYOFFS: 7/0)
The Titans signed free agent long snapper Matt Overton to the team's practice squad during Week 6 of the 2020 season to add insurance and experience to the long snapping position. The 6-foot-1-inch, 243-pounder has 100 games of NFL experience and was selected to the Pro Bowl following the 2013 season. The Tracy, Calif., native was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Seattle Seahawks in 2007 but was released prior to the start of the season. He spent the 2008-10 seasons with the TriCities Fever (AF2), Florida Tuskers (UFL) and Omaha Nighthawks (UFL). Overton has appeared in NFL games for the Indianapolis Colts (2012-16) and Jacksonville Jaguars (2017-18), and has also spent time with the Los Angeles Chargers.
• Overton appeared in all 16 games every season from 2012-16.
• In 2013, Overton was selected to his first career Pro Bowl while with the Colts.
• In 2014, Overton snapped for Colts punter Pat McAfee and kicker Adam Vinatieri, who were both named All-Pro and selected to the Pro Bowl.
• In 2015, Overton helped Vinatieri record his 18th career 100-point season and become the third player in NFL history to convert 300 field goals.
• Overton's father, Tom, played college football at Cal-State Hayward.
• Overton's grandfather, Paul Wallrof, played football at the University of Washington and was a long-time head football coach and athletic hall of fame inductee at the University of Puget Sound.
• Overton is the founder and president of Pros 2 Youth, a non-profit organizatiom based in his hometown of Tracy, Calif.
• Overton is the co-owner of Led By Pros Youth Football Academy in Omaha, Neb., with former Ohio State Buckeyes running back Maurice Clarett.
• The Tracy, Calif., native originally signed with the Seattle Seahawks as a rookie free agent following the 2007 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Seahawks prior to the start of the season.
• Signed by the Tri-Cities Fever (AF2) in 2008.
• Signed by the Florida Tuskers (UFL) in 2009.
• Signed by the Seahawks as a free agent on Feb. 10, 2010.
• Waived by the Seahawks on March 16, 2010. • Signed by the Seahawks on April 30, 2010.
• Waived by the Seahawks on Aug. 4, 2010.
• Signed by the Omaha Nighthawks in 2010.
• Signed as a free agent by the Indianapolis Colts on April 2, 2012.
• Waived by the Colts on May 1, 2017. •
Signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as a free agent on Aug. 3, 2017.
• Signed by the Jaguars as a free agent on Oct. 12, 2018.
• Signed by the Los Angeles Chargers as a free agent on Nov. 15, 2019.
• Waived by the Chargers on Nov. 18, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Oct. 12, 2020.
• Activated from the practice squad to the active roster standard elevation on Nov. 7, 2020.
• Activated from the practice squad to the active roster standard elevation on Nov. 12, 2020.
• Activated from the practice squad to the active roster COVID-19 replacement on Nov. 21, 2020.