Free Agency Tracker | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
DT DaQuan Jones
STATUS: Unrestricted Free Agent
6-4 | 322 lbs
COLLEGE: PENN STATE
HOMETOWN: JOHNSON CITY, NY
ACQUIRED: 4TH ROUND - 2014
NFL EXPERIENCE (NFL/TITANS): 7/7
GAMES PLAYED/GAMES STARTED: 99/93 (PLAYOFFS: 4/4)
Seeking a big, physical and versatile defensive lineman, the Titans selected Penn State's DaQuan Jones in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Since then, he has become one of the mainstays of the Titans defensive lineup, appearing in all 16 games in four of his first six seasons, including every game in 2018 and 2019. Jones offers an impressive combination of size, athleticism, intelligence and power. The 6-foot-4-inch, 322-pounder earned a full-time role as a 3-4 defensive end by his second season but has the ability to play multiple spots on the line. He was signed to a new multi-year contract extension in 2018.
• In 2019, Jones started all 16 games for the fourth time in his career and for the second consecutive season. He achieved career highs with 21 quarterback pressures and three passes defensed.
• In 2018, Jones started all 16 games for the third time in his career. His 39 tackles made up the second-highest total of his career and included a career-high four tackles for loss.
• In 2016, Jones joined Brian Orakpo as the only two Titans to start every game from 2015–2016.
• Against Houston in the 2016 season finale (1/1/17), recovered a Tom Savage fumble in the end zone for his first career touchdown.
• In 2015, Jones was one of four members of the team to start all 16 games, holding down a spot at defensive end for the duration of the campaign. He totaled 67 tackles, 15 quarterback pressures, two tackles for loss and a fumble recovery.
• As a rookie in 2014, Jones played in seven games with one start. He posted his first career sack against Indianapolis on Dec. 28.
• As a senior at Penn State, Jones earned first-team All-Big Ten Conference honors and was named Penn State's Outstanding Senior Player and the recipient of the team's Reid-Robinson Award. He was one of the team's leaders who opted to stay with the program during a time of turmoil.
• Jones has a reputation as an upbeat, positive influence. "I've always had that positive mindset, even when things weren't as good," he says. "The guys laugh at me sometimes because I'm always smiling ... It's not that I'm happy all the time, but I just feel like in today's world, if you let anything get you down, it will. The smallest thing will turn into the biggest problem if you let it, so I just try my best to keep a positive mindset."
• Jones majored in criminal justice at Penn State and spent a portion of his 2013 summer as an intern observing the Spring Township Police Department near State College.
• Jones entered the Penn State program after being rated the second-best offensive lineman in the nation during his playing days at Johnson City High School. He switched to the other side of the ball and made an immediate impact as a true freshman.
• Jones lists his father, Steve, as the most inspirational person in his life. Steve raised DaQuan as a single father and one of his father's greatest traits is that he works extremely hard in everything he does. Steve works as an executive chef at Cornell University.
• Jones is in the process of launching his own non-profit organization called "Create Your Legacy." In June 2019, he hosted the DaQuan Jones Create Your Legacy Football Camp for more than 100 kids ages 11-18 at Johnson City (N.Y.) High School.
• Jones has four dogs, one of which he named Titan.
• The Johnson City, N.Y., native was selected by the Titans in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.